Project Officer – Hargeisa
“Better life for all”
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Project Officer
Taakulo Somaliland Community Commonly known by the acronym “TASCO”. TASCO is a multifaceted non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and non-partisan development and humanitarian aid organization established in 2007 and headquartered in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Taakulo is a Somali word meaning “helping/aiding”. TASCO is dedicated to helping the disadvantaged people and communities throughout Somaliland by engaging in development and related activities and also providing relief support and assistance, facilitating and promoting participatory local community activities and programs that emphasize human dignity and self-reliance.
- Project Officer
TASCO partner with ISF will implement a project to integrate the promotion of women’s livelihood and prevention of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), especially female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C). The project will utilize ISF Training Program for Women’s Empowerment (and related training manual), which provides a participatory framework to combine both areas of work.The Project Officer will be assisting Project Manager for delivering the assigned task as per ToR, and implementing the Integrating promotion of women’s livelihood and prevention of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) project in Togdheer region through delivering quality and accountability commitments and helping to produce internal and external narrative and reports.
- Design and prepare project work plans either quarter, annual or action plans
- Plan for sensitization and awareness building training of the target project stakeholder including member SHG’s and government line ministries
- Develop training plans and plan for required training materials adhering to the purpose of each training or meeting
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly and annual reports and case studies.
- Attend review meetings as planned
- Monitor the overall progress regarding milestones and deliverables
- Liaise and maintain regular contact with the project beneficiaries and other key stakeholders
- Handle logistical and administrative planning and implementation of events (this includes -but is not limited to – booking venues, coordinating participants’ travel and accommodation, preparing outreach and registration lists of participants)
- Help with the organisation, preparation and logistics of project events (e.g. all-partner meetings in Togdheer region).
- Develop training plan and plan for required training materials adhering to the purpose of each training or meeting.
- Produce background documents for meetings, minutes, and any other required documents
- Ensure timely preparation of quarterly progress updates and financial reports
- Support the Communications Officer in the dissemination of the project
- Coordinate the preparation of project interim and final reports as outlined in the Grant Agreement with the support the regional administration and finance.
- Perform project organization activities in liaison with the Project Manager, such as;
- assistance in the drafting of project reports,
- assisting in preparing estimates for budgeted activities and funding proposals,
- Assist in translation of documents and in meetings with other actors.
- Take on other administrative tasks as they occur, such as updating the documents, taking minutes, assisting with logistics for travel,etc.
- Any other task assigned by your Supervisor
Required Qualifications/Skills Qualifications and skills
- At least Bachelor degree of Social Science or in a field relevant to this assignment.
- Basic understanding of the Project Cycle Management.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Have analytical and report writing skills;
- Proven conflict sensitivity and understanding of gender programming.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in project management;
- Have experience in Project Management,
- Demonstrated experience with women empowerment projects;
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to Taakulo Somaliland Community (TASCO) through e-mail. It should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received latest by 20th March, 2020 by 16:00 East African standard Time.