PROJECT MANAGER –RETURNEE RESPONSE PROJECT
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is a relief and development organization founded in Italy in 1965. COOPI’s envisions a world without poverty where diverse cultures live together sharing equal rights and equal opportunities. COOPI’s mission is to reduce poverty in the global South through interventions of long-term sustainable international cooperation. COOPI also conducts advocacy activities in Italy, to fight the cause of the serious economic gap between the North and South.
Position Objective: COOPI with support of UNHCR will be starting up a 6 month project to promote self-reliance among 160 returnees in Mogadishu, Somalia, with a specific focus on youth, women and the disabled, through access to marketable livelihood skills and financial services that promote start-up of micro enterprises amongst the People of Concern (PoC).
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning; implementation and follow up of returnee livelihood based project in the assigned area ensuring activities are implemented as per grant agreement and to the highest standards from program and administrative perspective. The Program Manger will also ensure donor reporting and ensure donor compliance.
Reporting to: Regional Program coordinator
Duration: 6 Months (2 months probation period) with possibilities of extension
- Project Planning and Coordination:
- In coordination with the project team ensure the project fosters ongoing positive cooperation with all stakeholders.
- Design strategy and modules for required trainings for apprentices, business and skills development and Returnees women & youth financial empowerment.
- Oversee the team to ensure all activities included in the project are implemented according to the work plan and donor regulations within the specified timeframe.
- Provide necessary training and capacity building for the team to implement the project.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Responsible for donor reports as requested by UNHCR.
- Design and maintain an M&E system for the project to demonstrate outputs, outcome, impact and lessons learned.
- Coordinate with existing M&E systems and ensure organizational learning to improve project quality and sustainability.
- Oversee and lead project team, build capacity of the national staff to ensure coordination and team vision.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Work with the Regional administrator, Grant manager and Project administrator to ensure effective and donor complaint budget management.
- Provide oversight to ensure project deliverables are achieved within approved spending levels and in accordance with donor rules and egulations.
- Exercise sound judgment to ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable and prudent.
- Represent COOPI to the donor and organize field visits as required.
- Ensure pro-active and partnership approach in relationship management. Other duties as assigned.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- COOPI team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Knowledge & Experience:
- MA/S or equivalent in Business Administration & Development, social science, management and/or international development is preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in international relief and development preferably in Somalia
- Experience in returnees livelihoods programming, capacity building and business development
- Demonstrated ability to implement with UNHCR donor requirements
- Demonstrated ability as a manager of complex programming and team leadership.
- Knowledge of Somali language is preferred
Start Date: ASAP