REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI) For Procurement Capacity Building Expert – Hargeisa, Somaliland
REPUBLIC OF SOMALILAND
Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID:P151492, TF#:TF-A0389
Assignment Title:Procurement Capacity Building Expert
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline:2nd April 2020, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to “strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland”.
Consistent with its National Development Plan II, the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) is in the process of reviewing its revenue laws, regulations and procedures and undertaking reforms and modernization efforts to ensure enhanced efficiency and optimal productivity. As part of its continuous improvement drive, the GoSL requires the services of a technical adviser in the National Tender Board.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
The Procurement Capacity Building Expert will be working with the National Tender Board. The scope the consultancy assignments include, but not limited to: (i) technical assistance for the drafting/updating of regulations and guidelines (harmonized procurement manual). These regulations will guide the implementation of the Act and will specify how the provisions of the Act are applied and they will contain official templates and forms that are required under the Act for procurement processing. A harmonized Government “owned” procurement (guidelines) manual which will be used as a reference guide or handbook for managing the procurement cycle from procurement planning to contract management and standard bidding documents, will be drafted and distinct for centralized National Tender Board. ii) capacity needs assessment and the development and implementation of a national procurement (central and local government) capacity building strategy; iii) technical assistance to support specific areas i.e. capacity building, procurement, market survey and research etc. he/she will perform other services detailed in the TOR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
Advanced University degree in procurement, logistics and contract management, MBA or any other related field.
- Experience and Skills
The Procurement Capacity Building Expert should have the following experience:
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in public procurement including procurement reforms and institutional development in developing countries in areas of public sector procurement operational management and capacity development programs.
- Experience in the Somaliland Public Sector Institutions is an added advantage.
- Good communication and writing skills in English. Somali is desirable.
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Financenow invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letterindicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 16:00 pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 2nd April2020at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – Procurement Capacity Building Expert.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science