REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI) For IPSAS Implementation Technical Adviser
REPUBLIC OF SOMALILAND
Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Project ID:P151492, TF#:TF-A0389
Assignment Title: IPSAS Implementation Technical Adviser
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline:25 January 2020, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in the Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
IPSAS Implementation Technical Adviser will be responsible for the following: (i) To support implementation of IPSAS in preparing the annual financial statements of the Accountant General Office by providing required technical assistance, detail gap analysis building on the previous exercises and IPSAS implementation; (b)To provide required capacity building and recommending modifications in SLFMIS, policy, processes and other required changes as deemed necessary; (c) To support public financial management reform efforts in relation to financial reporting; (d) he/she will perform other services detailed in the TOR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- The technical assistant must possess suitable certification for accounting and public finance
- The technical assistant (TA) must be chartered accountant, CPA, ACCA or equivalent and at least Master’s Degree in Public Finance Studies or equivalent with accounting subjects
- The TA must have IPSAS professional qualification from chartered institutes like ACCA, CIPFA or similar recognized bodies
Experience and Skills
- The TA must have at least (10) years’ experience in the field of public accounting in which at least 5 years in the fragile government’s public sector accounting and financial reporting.
- Specific experience: The consultant must have considerable experience in the field of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and some years’ experience about the Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS)
- Special Requirement as advantage: Consultant having experience with similar assignments (IPSAS conversion) shall have added advantage.
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Financenow invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letterindicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 16:00 pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 15 January 2020at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – IPSAS Implementation Technical Adviser.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com.