REACH ASSESSMENT INTERN – HARGEISA
JOB OPPORTUNITY: REACH ASSESSMENT INTERN, HARGEISA
|11/02/2020||ACTEDHR Department||Last UpdateFebruary 2020|
BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organization manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, which allows particularly IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
We are currently looking for a REACH Assessment Intern to support our REACH team in Somaliland.
Position: REACH Assessment Intern
Under the supervision of the REACH Assessment Officer, the REACH Assessment Intern will support the implementation of assessments, including preparation, implementation and follow-up. He/she will support assessment officers to organize logistics, partner coordination, reporting, and finance requirements.
The REACH Assessment Intern will:
- Support designing and implementing REACH assessment strategy and methodology and corresponding analytical frameworks;
- Support the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports, briefs and factsheets with integration of cluster and/or partner feedback;
- Provide support through in-depth data analysis, technical training development, macro development, IM platform management, and/or geo-referencing, when possible.
- Work with field staff to design and implement REACH assessment procedures;
- Support the development/revision of assessment/programme strategies, reports or new proposals;
- Liaise with programme staff of other ACTED departments to ensure close coordination is maintained;
- Support REACH assessment field staff to ensure a smooth and timely implementation of activities;
- Support timely data collection, analysis and, in partnership with GIS/DB team, mapping of datasets and ensuring that all collected data are geo-reference
- Degree in relevant discipline: development studies, economics, social science, political sciences, international relations or equivalent;
- Experience working with assessments and research cycles
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, research or information management;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO);
- Proven excellent analytical skills;
- Communication and drafting skills for effective reporting in English;
- Ability to operate SPSS, STATA, R or related statistical software is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign is an asset;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Fluency in English
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 25th February, 2019 with the subject line “REACH ASSESSMENT INTERN – HARGEISA”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. CVs will be shortlisted on an on-going basis.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Posted by: Super Admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
64 total views, 2 today