Radiographer in Gabiley / Somaliland
Number of vacancies: 2
Beneficiary Institution: Waberi General Hospital
Duty Station: Gabiley
Deadline Of Application: 25/10/2018, 4:00 PM.
About the hospital
Waberi General Hospital is a newly inaugurated general hospital with the vision of providing quality, affordable and reliable health care with special focus on the maternal and child health to the Somali people across the horn of Africa. Our Mission is to be Somali’s leading private health care provider with quality patient care our prime focus. We seek to produce financial rewards and provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to employees, striving for honesty, reliability and integrity within the company. Its located in Gabiley, the former building of Gabiley Hotel.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Level of education : Degree in Radiography.
Years of working Experience: At least 2 years of experience
Language needed: English and Somali
- Willingness to learn.
- Have good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions .
- Can work with Microsoft office.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to Waberi General Hospital through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 25/10/2018, 4:00 PM Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position. This role is open to Somaliland Nationals. Residents of Gabiley are strongly encouraged to apply
- Posted by:
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Gabiley
- Job type:
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
338 total views, 3 today