Project Team Leader
Continent Not Country Consulting (CNC) operates in the fields of planning, design and engineering of building, transportation, water, infrastructure and environmental engineering consulting. With a broad range of skills and disciplines, we provide technical excellence across the full service spectrum, from strategic consultancy at the highest level to practical design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and project management.
Job Title: Project Team Leader
Reports to: COO/CEO
Job location: Hargeisa/Somaliland
Contract detail: one year with the possibility of extension
Duty Station: Hargeisa, with travel to other project locations in Somaliland
Starting Date: 15th Oct 2019
We are looking for an experienced Project team leader to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. Candidate will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
We are seeking an excellent Project team leader with considerable experience in coordinating and managing a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
- The Project team leader shall provide advice to CNC in administering the Supervision frame work Contract
- Lead the site supervision for (A2, B2,E1,C1, B1,B3)Contracts, provide Quality Control and ensure that the contract specifications are followed on site. Ensure that the works are supervised daily and all necessary paperwork is completed. Together with the technical colleagues, prepare documentation for interim payment certificates for signing and keep track of contract budgets.
- Monitor the Site supervisors, prepare and monitor whether met QA/QC checklists Visit the Site at appropriate intervals during the construction stage, if required on daily basis. Be fully familiar with the work requirements, monitor progress and
- Quality of the Services and determine if the Services are proceeding in accordance with the Contract Documents. On the basis of on-site observations, keep CNC informed of the progress of the Services, and guard
- Monitor and Certify the volume and value of completed work components, evaluate
- Contractor’s invoices, determine the amounts owed to the Contractor and review and certify Contractor’s invoices for payment as appropriate.
- Review and approve or take other appropriate action upon Contractor’s submittals such as Request for Inspections or Approvals, Shop Drawings, Product Data and Samples, for conformity with the scope and technical specifications of the Services and with the information given in the Contract Documents. Such action shall be taken with reasonable promptness so as to cause no delay assembly of which the item is a component.
- Interpret the Contract Documents necessary for the proper execution of the Services; respond to Contractor’s queries with reasonable promptness and in accordance with any time limit agreed upon.
- Inspect all work components and completed works, and reject work that does not conform to the Contract Documents. As required, issue instructions for special inspection or testing of the work whether or not such work be then fabricated, installed or completed
- In the event of variations, assist with preparation of all relevant paperwork in collaboration with the CEO. Provide inputs and issue requests for any Change Orders required for the completion of the Contracts, including additional specifications, BoQ items and drawings.
- Organize (any additional required) site investigations, survey, required tests of concrete and other materials,
- Conduct inspections to determine the dates of Substantial Completion and Completion, issue a Certificate of Completion upon compliance with the requirements of the Contract.
- Prepare Monthly progress reports of the contracts.
- Help in preparing and developing future projects as required.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in construction industry
- BSc/BEng Civil engineering or other construction related degree qualification. Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills A team player with leadership abilities.
- Fluency in Somali and English is a must. Arabic is an asset Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to details Highly motivated
How to ApplyHow to apply Application Process: Send the following documents to our email firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th Oct 2019
- Cover letter