Project Manager – Hargeisa
“Better life for all”
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Project Manager
Taakulo Somaliland Community Commonly known by the acronym “TASCO”. TASCO is a multifaceted non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and non-partisan development and humanitarian aid organization established in 2007 and headquartered in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Taakulo is a Somali word meaning “helping/aiding”. TASCO is dedicated to helping the disadvantaged people and communities throughout Somaliland by engaging in development and related activities and also providing relief support and assistance, facilitating and promoting participatory local community activities and programs that emphasize human dignity and self-reliance.
- Project Manager
TASCO partner with ISF will implement a project to integrate the promotion of women’s livelihood and prevention of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), especially female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C). The project will utilize ISF Training Program for Women’s Empowerment (and related training manual), which provides a participatory framework to combine both areas of work.The Project Manager will be responsible for leading/overseeing/supervising the Integrating promotion of women’s livelihood and prevention of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) project in Togdheer region through delivering quality and accountability commitments and helping to produce internal and external narrative and reports.
- Manage the implementation of project activities to achieve project goals and objectives including designing and implementing relevant indicators, monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks.
- Managing quality control of SGBV and women’s empowerment programming though identification of suitable projects, assessment of project proposals, monitoring of project implementation to ensure best practice.
- Liaise with Logistics, Finance and other departments as appropriate to identify and plan the support needed for implementation of projects, advising on procurement needs as appropriate.
- Conduct regular visits to project implementation areas and advise and support field staff with the identification and solution of technical issues.
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results
- Develop and coordinate beneficiary training and ensure proper utilization of the project resources
- Participate in knowledge and information sharing within the programme.
- Monitor work plan progress while following up with actions agreed during meetings.
- Prepare monthly status reports to update TASCO Programme Coordinator and its partner about the overall program performance, key lessons learnt on issues regarding context, implementation and coordination, challenges observed and recommend possible solutions and way forward.
- Represent TASCO in GBV working group meetings and any other relevant meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring understanding and compliance amongst project staff to security and health and policy, and any accidents or potential incidents are recorded
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities (including ensuring that project objectives and indicators), encouraging effective team-work
- Provide supervision, guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork
- Build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, local authorities and beneficiaries
- Ensures the regular collection and communication of stories to be used in TASCO’s internal and external communications, website, and social media for visibility and fund-raising purposes.
- Compile monthly, Quarterly and annual final report as per of Donor guideline
- Any other task assigned by your Supervisor
Required Qualifications/Skills Qualifications and skills
- At least Bachelor degree of Social Science or in a field relevant to this assignment.
- Excellent understanding of the Project Cycle Management.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills;
- Proven interpersonal and diplomatic skills; and
- Proven conflict sensitivity and understanding of gender programming.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in project management;
- Proven experience in Project Management,
- Experience in setting up M&E systems preferred but not essential;
- Demonstrated experience with women empowerment projects;
- Relevant work is required and would be an added advantage and
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach teams.
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to Taakulo Somaliland Community (TASCO) through e-mail. It should be addressed to email@example.com. All applications must be received latest by 20th March, 2020 by 16:00 East African standard Time.