Medical Coordinator support
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Opening a new project in Somaliland, MSFF is looking for its HARGEISA office.
Fixed term contract of 6 months to start – Full time job based in Hargeisa.
Main purpose of the position
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, paramedical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
- Overall supervision and Support of the project’s medical activities and provide monitoring and follow up. This is mainly through ensuring implementation and adherence to MSF standard practices, policies and protocols such as pharmacy procedures, staff health policy, clinical protocols, hospital spatial organisation, etc.
- Analysis of medical data and medical activities – integrate analysis into management of the medical team and make recommendations for changes based on this analysis in consultation with the Field coordinator and Medical Coordinator
- Participate in exploratory missions / situation assessments and define medical operational priorities when needed in collaboration with the PC
- Liaise and promote positive relations and collaboration between MSFF, other health actors and the relevant SL MoHD authorities and provide regular feedback to PC and MedCo (for technical matters)
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator and field admin, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities
- Team Management:
- Manage the medical teams, ensuring support and guidance and the formation of goals and objectives for activity managers, supervisors and new team members whenever needed.
- Organisation of regular medical team meetings; general planning, evaluation of objectives
- Relevant medical briefing each new expat arriving
Education: Medical Doctor diploma
Experience: Experience in Tuberculosis program
Experience in emergency program
Training or experience in tropical medicine
Training or experience in Public Health
2 years work experience minimum – at least 1 year with management or supervision responsabilties
Language: Compulsory –Somali and English language level C1minimum –
Knowledge: Computer literacy – Pack office and internet
Competencies: Team work in a multicultural context
How to ApplyLimit date for application: 19 November 2018 Documents to provide:
- Cover letter in English
- Updated CV in English
- Copies of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- ID copy