Logistics Intern – Badhan
|30/12/2019||ACTEDHR Department||Last UpdateDecember 2019|
Position: Logistics Intern
Direct hierarchy: Logistics Officer
Starting date: January, 2020
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Logistics Intern position in Badhan.
- Main Objective
The logistic intern will work under the direct hierarchical supervision and reports of the Logistic officer. For all aspects related to Inventory, Communications, purchase to be done in the field, the logistic intern will report to the Logistic officer.
II. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Procurement Planning and Supply chain management
- Support the logistic officer management to:
- Contribute to improve the reliability of the order follow-up, and its dissemination amongst operational teams;
- Support running cost procurement campaigns by providing offers pre-analysis, drafting documentation such as procurement memos & contracts if needed.
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of procurement documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (tender documents, contracts, quotations, etc.);
- Stock Management
- Support the periodic inventories, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of stocks & deliveries documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (stock reception vouchers, stocks cards, stock exit forms, etc.);
- Fleet and Fuel Management
- Support fleet reviews, and fleet prospects under the LOGISTIC OFFICER supervision (market surveys, fleet analysis, etc.)
- Support the implementation of user friendly tools for movements & maintenance planning;
- Review & strengthen the Monthly Motorized asset report under the CLM supervision, with logistics teams.
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fleet & transportation documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (logbooks, maintenance sheets, administrative authorizations, insurance cards, etc.).
- Support logistics documentation
- Make sure that filing as defined in ACTED manuals is part of the regular trainings to logistics staff;
- Review past documentation in coordination & field offices when needed;
- Ensure the regular documentation flow from field offices to the coordination office;
Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
- Bachelor degree in purchasing Supply Management or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
- At least 2 – 3years relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
- Experience in safety and security management an advantage
- Computer literate and with basic IT Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Experience in providing inputs to proposals and donor reports in procurement and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical management of an organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Being fluent in Somali language and English is a must
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 13thJanuary, 2020with the subject line “LOGISTICS INTERN – BADHAN”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. CVs will be shortlisted on an on-going basis.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer