Vacancy: Laboratory Technician
Vacant Positions: 2
Terms Of Reference
Position: Laboratory Technician
Beneficiary Institution: Waberi General Hospital
Duty Station: Gabiley
Deadline Of Application: 25/10/2018, 4:00 PM (Casarka).
About the hospital
Waberi General Hospital is a newly inaugurated general hospital with the vision of providing quality, affordable and reliable health care with special focus on the maternal and child health to the Somali people across the horn of Africa. Our Mission is to be Somali’s leading private health care provider with quality patient care our prime focus. We seek to produce financial rewards and provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to employees, striving for honesty, reliability and integrity within the company. Its located in Gabiley, the former building of Gabiley Hotel.
- Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
- carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Ensuring proper storage of all items as their specific storage requirements.
- Ensuring timely issuance in order to ensure constant supply of laboratory reagents
- Analyzing and recording test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks
- Monitor and maintain lab consumables databases to include the replenishing of the Lab consumable supplies
- Perform Culture testing for Bacteriology including TB Culture services according to the SOP available on sputum, serum, stool and other fluids
- Maintaining the laboratory equipment and ensuring that the laboratory is well stocked with Collect blood or tissue samples from patients while all the time observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Consulting with the medical/clinical officer in charge to determine the final diagnosis when abnormal cells/tissue/test results are found.
- Instructing and guiding other laboratory technicians and medical personnel on required techniques when collecting samples
- Working according to the medical prescription; perform laboratory exams according to context, with the appropriate techniques, and according to standard protocols approved by Hospital.
- Giving information to the relevant persons (ward/doctors/nurse according to context) about the results, respecting confidentiality.
- Always ensuring that sample results are correctly registered and reported.
- Proficiency in carrying out the required analyses according to standard procedures and work instructions
- – Responsible for the quality control plan of the equipment under their responsibility including calibration
- Responsible for interpreting results and for reproducibility and repeatability of analyses
- Perform analyses and tests as defined
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Level of education : Degree in Lab
Years of working Experience: At least 3 years of experience
Language needed: English and Somali
- Proven quality in doing laboratory procedures
- Willingness to learn.
- Have good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions .
- Can work with Microsoft office.