CLOSING DATE: 27TH OCTOBER 2019
Position: IT/LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an International charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO supports NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognized charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 850 NGOs in twelve of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO Somalia/Somaliland seeks to address the growing challenges of safety in the NGO community in Somalia/Somaliland through the provision of specialized, coordinated and focused safety management support. It recognizes the insecure operating environment all NGOs face in Somalia/Somaliland and the collective value of enhancing safety preparedness and support. The project provides the NGO community with its own safety focal point and tailored safety support services through 3 main services: Research & Analysis (provision of regular reports, safety risk assessments and briefings); Capacity building (provision of various trainings); and Response (provision of support to crisis management in response to critical incidents).
Reporting to the Information Manager (IM) and functionally to Administration Officer, the IT/Logistics Assistant will provide support in IT and Logistics related tasks and adhere to INSO Policies and procedures.
- Network support and Optimization
- Ensure that all components and subcomponents of the network (Software & Hardware) are working with periodic checks.
- Troubleshooting problems reported by Users
- Support upgrades as scheduled
- New User support and orientation, network printing
- Preventive maintenance
- A scheduled preventive maintenance every three months to include the following checks
- Servicing of all the computers, printers and screens.
- Delete .Tmp files and empty the recycle Bin.
- Do all windows and application updates.
- Update the master inventory of computer assets, Verify serial numbers, CPU speed, hard drive space, memory, for any new items.
- Check the printers to ensure the printers are producing clean copies
- Check the power sources and ensure systems are plugged into protected outlets or power strips or uninterruptible power supplies.
- Check the network hardware, routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Backup Scheduling and Management
- Ensure staff backup all data on their laptops, desktops.
- Liaising with Service Providers
- Ensure service quality up to agreed standard with the ISPs
- Travel: supports travel arrangements, including (but not limited to) facilitating staff visas for INSO staff and or consultants visiting Somaliland and organizing flight and hotel bookings when required for staff local travel
- Office maintenance: Ensure offices premises and equipment are in good shape and properly maintained (plumber, electricity, minor works). Follows up the consumption and due payment of utilities, immediately flagging to the Administration Officer any issues or areas that need to be addressed.
- Others: Support other admin-related work related to INSO operations in Somaliland, local procurement, assets follow up and other tasks as requested by his/her hierarchical supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in IT
- 2 Years’ Experience working on IT related tasks
- Experience in remote IT help desk will be an advantage
- Certified in Microsoft (MCSA- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, MCSE- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expter) will be an added advantage
- Completion of Secondary School mandatory
- Experience in Logistics
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Hands on experience in Microsoft Office 365
- Experience in ICT hardware and software management
- Experience in SharePoint and Microsoft Forms.
Key Personal Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity. The holder must exercise a strong work ethic and take responsibility for his/her own actions
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Capacity to plan and manage your own time effectively.
- Ability and eagerness to learn.
- Capacity to work effectively and efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility with respect to working hours and tasks.
- Team work
- English (working language): fluent, both speaking and writing.
- Somali (working language): mother tongue.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
- All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references;
- INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address;
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified;
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
- All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th October 2019 and reference IT/Logistics Assistant in the subject line of the email.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- An updated CV (2 pages maximum).