Humanitarian Funding Coordinator
Job Title: Humanitarian Funding Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Hargeisa – Somaliland
Description: The Country Office in Somalia is currently recruiting a:
Humanitarian Funding Coordinator
Fulltime 40 hours a week
3 months contract, possible extension based on donor funding
Based in Hargeisa, Somalia/land, with travel to Nairobi, Kenya
Purpose of the position
To lead on the planning, coordination, securing and management of restricted and unrestricted funds to enable Oxfam to deliver the humanitarian response, including developing and maintaining good relationships with donors and effectively leading and supporting proposal and report development.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Strategy / Planning / Representation
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date funding strategy for the response and plan and help to prioritise approaches to donors.
- Identify, assess and approach donors or funding sources and represent Oxfam as required with donors.
- Co-ordinate any donor visits and facilitate any reasonable requests from funding affiliates and governing bodies.
Coordination and information sharing/management
- Ensure overall co-ordination of funding of the response; regularly update the funding grid and share with relevant actors.
- Ensure that funding files, both electronic and paper, are complete and kept up-to- date.
- Track income, request payments from donors and any necessary follow-up, process repayments and obtain any donor approvals, in line with Oxfam Funding Guidelines.
- Lead or support the development and submission of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Work effectively with colleagues in other functions, partner organisations, and affiliates to develop joint funding proposals.
Contract management / Managing (un)restricted funding
- Lead responsibility for negotiating donor contracts favourably in line with Oxfam Funding Guidelines and managing donor relationships in country
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements; ensure reports are of good quality and submitted on time; analyse and provide advice to staff on the funding policies and requirements of different donors, seek advice and input from affiliate HQ (donor leads)
- Ensure sign-off of donor proposals, reports and contracts according to agreed Oxfam procedures
- Ensure optimal use of unrestricted funds and greatest use of restricted funds through strategic recharging to donor contracts where possible.
- Solid track record of experience of planning for, securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as DFID, ECHO, SIDA, DFATD, GAC, GFO, OFDA/BPRM and UN.
- Extensive experience of writing high quality proposals and reports.
- Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and other external institutions.
- Sound understanding of Program Cycle Management in emergencies.
- High level of numeracy, budgeting, financial reporting and IT skills.
- Highly developed influencing skills; strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations to achieve fundraising targets.
- Ability to manage time effectively, and adapt priorities to respond to changing demands and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Existing understanding of Oxfam’s fundraising and contract management system and procedures (desirable).
What we offer
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between € 2962,– to € 4557,– gross.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Application procedure Are you interested please click here. Your application must be received by July 26, 2017 at the latest. Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
- Posted by:
- Company: OXFAM
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type:
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
483 total views, 1 today