HEAD OF MEAL
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
Work Location : Somaliland – Hargeisa Type of Post : Unaccompanied
Other Possible Location : Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 30% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : English Application Deadline :
Employee Duration :
The Head of Monitoring, Evaluation Learning and Accountability (MEAL) Unit is an important position in the CARE Somalia Program. The purpose of the role is to contribute to the development of a strong sustainable culture and practice of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in the country office across all programs. It is expected that this role will enable and significantly accelerate roll out of CO MEAL approach and procedures, ensuring brass-learning among projects, creating systems for accountability to beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders, and to build capacity of MEAL staff. Theposition holder will be responsible for contributing to strategy discussions, providing technical assistance on MEAL for each programmatic sector and developing successful mechanisms for learning. S/he will be responsible for cross-cutting programmatic information management, monitoring and evaluation, ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing programs, and is incorporated into consistently high quality reports and proposal development.
- Technical Leadership and support to CO MEAL
- Project Evaluation and Accountability
- Knowledge Products
- Degree in education, evaluation, measurement, statistics or related field
- Database/IT qualification.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating primary and secondary education programs in unstable contexts
- Extensive experience with multiple types of evaluations- impact evaluations, process evaluations, formative evaluations etc.
- Demonstrated experience of providing technical capacity building support to senior peers
- Extensive experience of MIS and Education Management Information systems (EM IS)
- Willingness and experience to work independently in politically unstable security situations in security sensitive areas. r The use of statistical Analysis Applications and Toolpaks (e.g. SPSS, STAT A, Minitab, STATISTICA, SAS, R, MS Excel, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English r Demonstrable experience of using IT based Education Management Information Systems
- Technical IT skills to solve basic system challenges
- Skills to train colleagues in IT based systems in effective and sustainable ways