Gender and Diversity Manager – Hargeisa
GENDER AND DIVERSITY MANAGER
Job Title: Gender and Diversity Manager.
Grade : Band 6
Organizational unit: Health Department.
Reporting to: Country Programme Manager and SRCS Executive Director
Duty Station: SRCS Coordination Office, Hargeisa Somaliland
Posting Date:14rd.January 2020.
Posting Expiry Date: 3rd. Feb 2020.
Contract Type : fixed Term (Feb-December 2020)
Purpose: The Somaliland Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is currently implementing the Continuum of Care (CoC) in Somaliland project supported by a consortium of Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement partners. The project aims to build on the work partners have already supported in recent years, focusing on increasing the access of community members in Toghdheer and Adwal regions to health and protection promotion and care.
Position specific duties, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Serve as SRCS’ focal point for gender and diversity with external partners and funding institutions.
- Work closely with the PGIE Delegate to plan and implement PGIE-related CoC project activities.
- Organize and attend Gender and Diversity project coordination meetings.
- Improve the capacity of SRCS Somaliland six (6) branches to better identify the needs of the most disadvantaged and marginalized groups to roll out youth and women’s group-specific programming.
- Contribute and, participate in the initial data-collection and writing/ reporting process for the CoC progress, including the Gender Scoping Study.
- Coordinate the organization of trainings and awareness sessions on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) for SRCS staff and volunteers.
The G&D Manager will support the SRCS Somaliland coordination office is achieving the following:
- Record sex and age-disaggregated data for 100% of CoC project events/activities.
- Provide expertise and tools to enable six (6) SRCS Somaliland branches to actively participate in campaigns aimed at prevention of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Support the design of interventions for six (6) SRCS Somaliland branches to address sexual and gender-based violence in disaster settings.
- Support six (6) SRCS Somaliland branches to undertake community interventions that will directly prevent and mitigate interpersonal and community violence. Specifically, in relation to the CoC project, the successful candidate will:
- With the PGIE Delegate, develop information, education, and communication (IEC) materials for the SRCS on gender equality and social inclusion in emergencies, prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), child protection, prevention of sexual and gender-based violence, and CEA.
- Support the integration of PGIE themes in CoC project CBHFA trainings.
- Support the development and delivery of a Training of Trainers (ToTs) for SRCS staff on SGBV prevention and response and PGIE.
- Support the development and delivery of training on SGBV and survivor-centred care for Primary Health Centre staff.
- Support the development and delivery of training on Code of Conduct, PSEA, and Child Protection for SRCS staff and volunteers.
- Lead the development of the SRCS Gender Policy. Support the development and implementation of a community complaint and feedback mechanism.
- Safely document SGBV cases reported by SRCS programs and link with health facilities. Work closely with branch health officers and health facilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the SRSC Management
- Degree Community Development, Social Sciences. Project Management; Monitoring and Evaluation Leadership and Management.
Job Competencies & Experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in data analysis, data management and statistical analysis in the area of public health, epidemiology and immunization gained from humanitarian settings or development organization
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize data and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports
- Ability to design clear and attractive presentations and other communication documents, including training manuals
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high-ranking officials
- Remain calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
SRCS offers a contract of one year, renewable depending on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and willing to work in Hargeisa, with field trips to other regions.
Salary and conditions are according to SRCS terms of employment for national staff.
If you are interested and think that your profile match with the requirements, you can apply sending your CV email@example.com before 03rd February 2020.