Finance Intern – Burao, Somaliland
|TITLE: Finance Intern Burao, Somaliland|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Burao field office||LOCATION:Burao office Somaliland.|
|GRADE: TBC||CONTRACT LENGTH:6 Months|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:The finance intern will support the BuraoFinance Team in ensuring up-to-date filing system, scanning all financial vouchers, updates excel sheet for all transaction including payees’name, and taking part in the month-end process.|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to:Finance Officer
Staff directly reporting to: N/A
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Somaliland with a current staff complement of approximately 650 staff and current expenditure of approximately USD 100 million each year.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:· Preparing General Ledger vouchers and ensuring in a Sequence order.
· Keeping filing system for all grantvouchers and accruals.
· Scanning all general Ledger Journal Vouchers and accruals
· Assisting audit sampled Vouchers for auditors, and keeping them in the documents tracker.
· Take part month-end process, and ensure actions assigned to finance intern is completed on time
· Any other work Assigned by the Finance assistant.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)DELIVERING RESULTS:
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s
DEVELOPING SELF AND OTHERS:
· Shows awareness of their strengths and limitations and
· actively takes responsibility for their development
· Seeks out feedback to understand their areas forimprovement
· Actively shares knowledge and experiences with others
APPLYING TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE:
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge andapplication of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour inaccordance with relevant codes of conducts
WORKING EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHERS:
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE· A University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized university.
· Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Supportive personnel management style
· Good command of English written and spoken
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCTBecause Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.|
|Application procedures:Interested candidates are required to apply through below link:
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply