Finance Assistant – Burao, Somaliland
Save The Children
|Finance Assistant – Somaliland|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support team, Somaliland||LOCATION: Burao|
|GRADE: 5||POST TYPE: National|
|Child Safeguarding:Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people|
|ROLE PURPOSE:Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the finance assistant will manage the receipts and disbursements of funds and maintaining accurate financial records to ensure that all financial supporting documents are correctly stored and easily accessible; also assist other field finance operations.|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: Finance Officer – Burao
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia with a current staff complement of approximately 450 staff and current expenditure of approximately GBP 30 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
Internal: Finance Team, Budget Holders, Project & support staff, internal audit and Hargeisa finance Unit
External: Tax Offices, External Auditors, Regulatory Bodies, Bank, Insurance, Suppliers, Transporters, partners
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:§ Monitors petty cash funds and advice when there is need for replenishment to avoid surplus.
§ Disbursement and reconciliation of petty cash on weekly basis.
§ Monitor staff cash advances and ensure all advances are settled before their maturity time.
§ Ensure that procedures are put in place to assure document security for a complete audit trail from the accounts records to supporting documentation and vice versa.
§ In cooperation with the Finance officer, check financial documents from field offices and partners on monthly basis and ensure transactions complies with SCI financial policies and procedures and the internal audit recommendations.
§ Responsible for the filing of vouchers once sent to the Area Finance and assist in retrieving of audit schedules and liquidations.
§ Preparation and participation of internal and external audit exercises and subsequent implementation of the auditors’ recommendations.
§ Perform other tasks as instructed by his/her supervisor.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)Accountability:
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
| CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCTBecause Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.|
|Application procedures:Interested candidates are required to apply through below link:
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply