Summary of Job Description
An English teacher is responsible for ensuring that students learn proper grammar, writing, and reading comprehension. They are responsible for creating lesson plans that will teach students the skills they need. A few of the main duties of an English teacher are answering student questions, grading student tests and essays, tracking student progress, and teaching students the importance of English. They also must communicate to the parents of student’s ability to give constructive criticism. Another skill is communication as the English teacher will need to be able to communicate effectively with students.
The candidate should posses following qualifications:
- Native English Speakers from the US, Canada, Britain – Ireland, Scotland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, or any other country considered to have Native English language
- BA or B.Ed. in Applied Linguistics/ ELT/ English, and any field relevant to teaching English Language and 3 years post degree experience teaching English Language in a university or college
III. MA/ M.Ed./ PhD in Applied Linguistics/ English/ TEFL/ TESOL and 2 years post degree experience teaching English Language in a university or college
- Certificate/ diploma in TEFL/ TESOL/ EFL/ ESL/ CELTA,/ILTES/TOFEL etc. is a plus
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons
- preparing teaching materials
- helping students improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group sessions
- checking and assessing pupils’ work
- Advising student on career issues.
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluating a students’ class work and assignments.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Classroom management.
- Developing English lesson plans in line with Vice President of Academic & APPO.
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Public Speaking.
- Time Management.
- Inter-personal communication.
- Record keeping
- Curriculum Development
- Language Skills
- Classroom Management
- Creativity and Innovated Ideas
- Excellent in grammar, reading, writing and listening skills
- Strong Academic Backgrounds Plans
- Online Expertise Knowledge
- MS Office Packages