||DM&E Coordinator; Somaliland
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
For Somaliland Residents Only
World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization, whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities. World Vision Somaliland Program wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented Somaliland Residents to fill the following vacancy to be based in Hargeisa Office.
Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to develop, lead and manage the operational M&E framework for Enhancing Durable Solutions for and Reintegration of Displacement Affected Communities in Somaliland (EU Trust Fund) consortium. The job holder will support the consortium member organizations to develop and implement a consortium wide strategy in design, monitoring and evaluation, including quality program development and reporting in line with the durable solutions framework. The M&E Coordinator will also support and ensure capacity building and mentorship to program staff within the 5 consortium member NGOs to help them achieve quality planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting practice as means to growing and maintaining a culture of providing credible, reliable, timely and cost effective information for management decisions, strategic planning as well as accountability and learning in alignment with the donor program/project cycle.
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic leadership of Design Monitoring, Evaluation and accountability for Somaliland Durable Solutions consortium (EU Trust Fund)
- Lead and Strengthen Somaliland Durable Solutions consortium (EU Trust Fund) quality assurance culture in line with the Durable Solutions and the programme accountability frameworks
- Coordinate as well as participate in joint assessments, analysis and dissemination of reports by the consortium as per agreed project guidelines
- Ensure consortium members carry out routine activity monitoring for compliance as well as outcome monitoring of project results in their areas of jurisdiction;
- Ensure timely and quality project reports are submitted to the consortium technical unit by member organizations on time, in agreed format and are in line with donor reporting requirements.
- Ensure DME and programme accountability capacity strengthening for staff and community structures for consortium members
- As a contribution to the development of a learning consortium, ensure member organizations document lessons learned during community and stakeholder learning and reflections and share consolidated reports with Danish Refugee Council (DRC) for dissemination
- Coordinate research activities in line with the consortium research agenda
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Cross – cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional maturity
- Ability to exhibit exemplary life style as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Educational level required:
- A minimum of a university degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Community Development, Development Studies, Local Government or any related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Analysis using qualitative and/ quantitative methods including use of participatory methods and tools for planning, monitoring & evaluation
- Professional technical skill desired: Knowledge of the SPHERE standards, Durable Solutions Framework, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red Crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP); other international humanitarian standards and other capacity building skills.
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in community based programming, local government or work with NGOs or humanitarian agencies, of which at least two years must be in monitoring & evaluation.
- Other: Proficiency in English, and Somali local language.
- Computer literacy is required working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, statistical packages as SPSS.