Country Programme Officer – Hargeisa
Job Title: Country Programme Officer.
Organizational unit: International Programmes and Preparedness.
Reporting to: Country Programme Manager and SRCS Executive Director
Duty Station: SRCS Coordination Office, Hargeisa Somaliland
Posting Date:14 rd.January 2020 .
Posting Expiry Date: 5rd.Feb 2020
Contract Type : fixed Term (Feb-December 2020)
Purpose: The purpose of the Country Offices (CO) is to ensure implementation of Norwegian Red Cross International Strategy at country level through programme support to the National Society partner, as articulated and established in the approved Country Framework. This means that the CO is responsible for ensuring results-based project management, risk management, and operational in-country Movement coordination. Furthermore, the CO is responsible for ensuring project implementation in support to NS partners, in line with established project agreements and project plans. The CO ensures sound technical quality of all country projects, in line with established technical standards and best practices. The CO ensures that Norwegian Red Cross programme support is based on regularly updated humanitarian needs analysis in line with established practices. The CO represents Norwegian Red Cross in-country with regards to external partnerships and relationships. The CO is responsible for in-country security management
Position specific duties, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Contributes to adequate needs assessment to inform design of relevant projects
- Ensures the logical project structure of effects and results according to existing guidelines and linkages between the National Societies and Norwegian Red Cross results frameworks.
- Contributes to the development of SMART indicators that are supported by clear and concise indicator guidelines that operationalizes the indicators and explains the data sources, collection methods, frequency of monitoring and audience.
- Function as the focal person at the Norwegian Red Cross CO for the project(s) implementation staff on issues related to the daily running of the project(s) which is/are included in the Norwegian Red Cross supported programmes
- Provides support to the Country Programme Manager for the development of quality project packages to be submitted for internal approval before project start up
- Supports the design and implementation of baseline surveys
- Supports the Country Programme Manager in situ monitoring of progress and discusses adjustments to improve results and achieve objectives.
- Quality assures overall data and quarterly reports provided by SRCS.
- Supports the organization of end-line studies to quantitative measures changes in values of chosen variables.
- Facilitates mid-term and final evaluation the design and implementation of relevant end line exercises to measure programme success
- Reports to the Country Programme Manager issues related to project implementation and options to improve project objectives.
- Provides input to quarterly reports, yearly reports and indicator tracking table.
- Perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to colleagues when necessary and assigned by the line manager.
- The project officer is responsible for providing continuous support to the SRCS Somaliland projects in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the Norcross supported projects.
Strategic and Collaboration Responsibility
- Promote the Norwegian Red Cross programme cooperation with the SRCS Somaliland project teams to ensure it is consistent and efficient.
- Support SRCS sound technical planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting in line with established project agreements and project plans
- Consistently provide support to the project teams of the SRCS and ensure that Norwegian Red Cross rules and guidelines are anchored among SRCS.
- Engage with the Results Management Officer at Regional Office and the Country Programme Manager to ensure consistent accountability towards Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations, guidelines and deadlines.
- Post-Graduate qualifications or equivalent professional practice in Public Health,/Community Health, Medicine, Nursing, Community Development, Social Sciences . Project Management; Monitoring and Evaluation Leadership and Management.
Job Competencies & Experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a humanitarian or development organization. At least 3 years in senior management with experience in public/community health, including results based management, monitoring and evaluation as well as experience in conducting needs assessments and programme design .
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Track record of managing humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian setting
- Proven ability to implement programmes in challenging contexts.
- Proven ability to plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on programmes related to technical area of health.
- Excellent drafting skills. Successful donor applications and reporting on humanitarian projects with measurable
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
SRCS offers a contract of one year, renewable depending on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and willing to work in Hargeisa, with field trips to other regions.
Salary and conditions are according to SRCS terms of employment for national staff.
If you are interested and think that your profile match with the requirements, you can apply sending your CV firstname.lastname@example.org before 05rd February 2020.