Child Protection Consultant for Somaliland
Closing date: 04 Aug 2019
25-35 days over 6-8 months; Denmark-based preferred.
GAME is one of the fastest scaling NGOs in Scandinavia and was voted as one of the top 150 globally. We focus on Youth Empowerment and Social Change through street sports and culture with an inherent lens on child protection in all of our projects. Active in 9 countries, we work through local partnerships and will be expanding our current Somaliland Program to 8 locations across Somaliland through 2021 and potentially beyond. We require a Child Protection Consultant to help us grow with increased technical grounding in Child Protection and to capture our work within that frame.
SCOPE OF WORK
- To contribute and finalize the Child Protection Position Paper.
- To steward our organization’s positioning in Child Protection based on our global experience.
- To develop a Child Protection Policy for the organization with special focus on the Somaliland Program.
- Map opportunities for Child Protection partnerships.
- Provide brief online training(s) to all Country Offices to develop a lens and framework capturing our successes in Child Protection programming. This will be based on the above strategy.
- Align Child Protection approaches between Country Offices and HQ.
- Training Senior field colleagues in Child Protection principles and delivery.
- Education and experience: Minimum 7 years social work or related field and extensive experience in child protection in humanitarian, early recovery and/or development contexts, legal services for immigrant minors, probation or supervised release, or other relevant experience;
- Expertise in the methods and practices outlined in UNICEF’s Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Actionand the Child Protection Working Group’s Child Protection in Emergencies Competency Framework;
- Ability to articulate and explain child protection and humanitarian core principles and practices to a non-expert audience and ensure their understanding of those subjects, as well as ensuring that the trainees are competent in implementing those principles and practices;
- Experience assessing NGO staff’s adherence to child protection standards and conducting child protection training, coaching, and mentoring using participatory and practical methodologies;
- Ability to assess the needs of participants during the training experience and modify application of themes as appropriate.
PROFILE PREFERENCES (though not required):
- UNICEF or UNHCR experience (as employee or partnership);
- Based in Denmark or EU;
- Training and teaching experience will be helpful for this position;
- Sports for Development awareness, experience and understanding.
TERMS and TRAVEL
This a deliverable-based consultancy contract. We cover the two trips to Somaliland and neighbourhood (per diem, accommodation, insurance, flights covered). This is intended to start in October. September.
Diversity is something we celebrate in GAME. We therefore encourage everyone irrespective of their gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or disability to apply.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: APPLICATION and DEADLINE: To apply, please submit in one (1) PDF document 1 ) your Letter of Motivation citing similar experiences in developing child Protection strategies, position papers, or guidelines, in addition to any experience in Somaliland, Middle East, and/or African context and 2) your CV. The application must be submitted through our portal: https://podio.com/webforms/22921998/1627451 . The application deadline is August 4th at 11:59 CET. We will be checking applications on a rolling basis so we encourage early submissions. Interviews will be held in mid August via Skype. For any questions related to the position, you may contact Matthew Gray on whatsapp at +45 20424690.
- Posted by: Super Admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type:
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
16 total views, 3 today