Assistant Self Help Group Coordinator/AC
Job Title: Assistant Self Help Group Coordinator/AC
Location: Hargeisa, possible to travel intervention sites
Closing Date: 6th February 2017
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSISTANT SHG COORDINATOR
Network against FGM/C in Somaliland (NAFIS), is anti-FGM/C network in Somaliland; with 20 member organizations its main purpose is to combat all forms of FGM/C in Somaliland through coordination and networking, lobbying and advocacy, research and documentation, capacity building, women empowerment and survival support.
NAFIS is the hosting organization of Self help group (SHG) approach in Somaliland which started in Somaliland April 2013; which implementing by 11 local organizations in Marodijeh and Togdheer regions. SHG is community development approach with social, economical and political empowerment. Kindernothilfe (KNH); supports the program in financial and technical requirements. NAFIS is seeking a qualified assistant coordinator for SHG.
The Assistant Self Help Group Coordinator (AC) will participate in developing the strategic direction of NAFIS and National SHG Coordination Office (NCO) in the field of the Self Help Group Approach (which are facilitated by the promoting organizations). The AC is expected to fully internalize the Self help group approach (SHGA), and its basic principles.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the National coordinator (NC), the AC will implement the following activities
- Participate in the preparation of Annual SHGA Work plans/Budgets for
- Support promoting organizations to prepare Annual SHGA Work plans/Budgets.
- Participate in the preparation of Annual SHGA Agreements (MoUs) for promoting organizations.
Implementing of Community Structures
Under the supervision of the NC, the AC will implement the followings
- Take part the role to promote and strengthen the Children’s Groups as they are implemented by the promoting organisations.
- Take part the role to strengthen the SHGA which is implemented by the promoting organisations, with a special focus on the second batch of promoting organisations.
- Provide technical support to promoting organizations through ongoing trainings, phones, emails, and during the monitoring visits.
- Advise NCO on the status of each promoting organisation and make recommendations on how weak partners may be assisted to do better and whether the partnership should continue or not.
- Support partners in preparing their narrative reports and budgets in time.
Monitoring and Capacity Building of Promoting Organizations
Under the direction of the NC, the AC will implement the following activities
- Conduct frequent monitoring visits and assess the performance of promoting organizations (at least one visit to each organization biannually).
- Build the capacity of promoting organizations and SHG, CLA and the Federation/ during the monitoring visits, through the provision of on spot training, support and feedback.
- Participate in organizing trainings and take part the role in facilitating at trainings as per the annual SHGA work plan.
- Participate in organizing forums to share experiences among promoting organizations and SHGs, CLAs, Federations.
Reporting and Documentation
- Review reports submitted by promoting organizations, provide feedback and submit them to the National SHG Coordinator (NC) on time.
- Write quality reports for monitoring visits and submit them the National SHG Coordinator/ NC. The reports will be written with 14 days after returning from the field. Use the findings to make follow ups with the respective promoting organisations.
- Collect case studies, success stories, innovative approaches, best practices and challenges from prompting organizations so as to enrich the SHGA reports.
- Compile half-yearly and annual narrative reports and submit them to the NC.
- Document and share lessons learnt, case studies, best practices, innovative approaches obtained from the partner organizations, including during monitoring visits.
- When need arises participate in developing different publications on the SHGA in SL.
- Participate in facilitating of visits by KNH staff, country coordinator (CC), regional mentor (RM) and other visitors to promoting organizations.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the National SHG Coordinator, including participating at National SHG Coordinator’s Meetings.
- Bachelor degree in development studies, business administration and relevant degrees is a requirement
- Extensive experience in project cycle management is a requirement;
- Experience and knowledge with Gender Basic violence (GBV) is desirable;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills is desirable
- Good experience in working with grassroots communities and community development concepts
- Excellent knowledge of facilitation skills How to apply:
How to ApplyIf you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including your CV/resume via email not later than 6th February 2017 to email@example.com . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidate are encouraged
- Posted by:
- Company: Nafis Network
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type:
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
1067 total views, 1 today