Architecture and Urban Planning Lecturer
Summary of Job Description
Urban planners decide how spaces will be used, considering the impact of development for an entire area or region. They evaluate long-term factors, such as demographics and economic trends, and make recommendations for the level of development in an area, what types of buildings can go where, and what infrastructure elements are needed to support growth. While architects draw up the plans for new construction, co-create designs for renovations or repurposing of space within an existing building. Architectural designs focus on the aesthetics or appearance of the building, as well as ensuring functionality, safety, and code compliance. Combination of these high-level skills impedes an integrated creative lecturer
Possess a comprehensive integrated knowledge in Urban Planning developer programs such asGoogle Earth, ArcGIS, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Stats in Excel, SPSS, Auto CAD Applications, Adobe Illustrator series, Sketchup/ SAS/STATA, Rhino and MS Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Presentation. The candidate should posses following qualifications:
- BA in Architecture & Urban Planning with relative of experience 5 years in higher education or notable universities
- Strong lecturing background experience of 3 years in higher education or notable universities
- BSc in Architecture & Urban Planning with relative of experience 3 years
- Sc. in Architecture & Urban planning postgraduate/ M.Sc. in Architecture Design 3 years
- PhD in Architecture & Urban Design with relative experience of 3+
- Certificate/ diploma in TEFL/ TESOL/ EFL/ ESL/ CELTA, /ILTES/TOFEL etc. is a plus
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and grade students’ work, including work performed in design studios.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students on topics such as architectural design methods, aesthetics and design, and structures and materials.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts. Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and
- Participating in professional conferences.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records. Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Conduct research in a field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books, and/or electronic media.
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
- Math and Science Skills
- Creative & Innovated Design skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Critical Thinking