Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Medecins Sans frintieres intervene in 72 countries and is currently opening new project in Sonaliland.
MSF is looking for its new HARGEISA office an administrative assistant.
Hierarchy linked to the Finance and HR coordinator, the administrative assistant:
- Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
- Give support to external administrative work and to the coordination team in obtaining working/travel permits, according to local and international laws and MSF procedures, in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the finance and HR coordinator
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Assist the finance and HR coordinator in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Prepare employment contracts, enter data in HR database, and update personal files to facilitate HR processes
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll
- Update Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests
Administration / Liaison
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Together with the FIHR Co, ensure that all MSF staff has applied and obtained on time any visa, stay, travel or working permits in the mission country according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative procedures
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, specifically with the Airport, Immigration department, Ministry of employment Social affairs and Family, Ministry of finance.
Education: compulsory- University degree in finance, accountancy or law
Experience: 2 years on a similar position in a international company –
Asset: 1 year within MSF or other International NGO
Language: Compulsory –English language level C1 minimum –
Knowledge: Computer literacy – Pack office and internet
Competencies: Team work in a multicultural context
How to ApplyPlease provide the following documents to the email adress: email@example.com
- Cover letter in English
- Updated CV in English
- Copies of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- ID copy